- “Cookies” are small data files that a website places on your browser when you visit the website. Cookies allow a website or third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages within a website. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time e.g. when you leave the website or when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies enable us to recognize you when you visit our website and remember your preferences. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete them and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than us and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and sessions. They are usually persistent cookies and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
The cookies used in connection with your use of the Services will generally fall within one of the following categories:
- Necessary functionality: These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate the esynapse Network properties and access the Services in a safe and secure manner.
- Important functionality: These cookies help us authenticate registered members remember your profession specialty preferences and content interests so that we can provide an enhanced and more personalized user experience.
- Performance and Analytics: These cookies provide data on how the Services are functioning to help us improve the performance of the Services and the user experience.
- Advertising/Marketing Services: These cookies enable us and our advertising partners to deliver advertisements within the esynapse Network and on third party sites that are more relevant to you and your interests based on your member registration information content browsing activity use of the Services and in some cases other information about you that we or our advertisers have obtained from other sources. Cookies may be used to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement and to measure of the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
When you use the Services we may collect information about your device including the IP address (which provides non-precise information e.g. city or zip code level about the approximate physical location of the device)unique device identifier (which is different than the device’s serial number)cookie information advertising ID (which is a unique user-resettable identification number for advertising associated with a mobile device)browser information (including referring URL)operating system mobile carrier device settings and App version and usage information all of which we may associate with information about your use of the Services. When enabled by you we collect precise location information provided by your mobile device which you may disable through the device settings. If you are a member of the esynapse Network we may elect to associate the information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies with your registration information and other information we have about you.
Most browser software can be set to reject all cookies including third party cookies however if you choose to reject our cookies your ability to access and use the Services will be limited. Typically the cookie settings are within the “options” or “preferences” menu in your browser. The links below provide information about cookie settings for some commonly used browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mobile based browsers
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on the Sites by rejecting cookies and through preferences manager. Please note that even if you reject cookies and opt-out of interest-based advertising you will continue to receive generic advertisements through the Services. Note that the Sites do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. Note that if you delete cookies use a different device or change web browsers you may need to opt out again.
You may control interest-based advertising on your mobile device by enabling the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS device’s settings or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android device’s settings. This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers to personalize ads based on your interests. You also may disable the transmission of precise location information through your device settings.
Last Updated on September 15, 2018